BJP seeks Lokayuta probe into UP power agreements
Lucknow: Alleging a scam to the tune of Rs
3,000 crore in power purchase agreements by UP Power
Corporation Limited, BJP on Monday filed an appeal before the
Lokayukta seeking inquiry.
The appeal, supported by relevant documents, was filed by
BJP national secretary Kirit Somaiya and state general
secretary Mahendra Nath Pandey.
"UPPCL had signed an agreement with five private power
trading companies to purchase 5000 crore units at the rate of
Rs 4.70 per unit," Somaiya told reporters here.
He said 1,850 crore unit power has to be purchased between
July 1 this year and June 30, 2012 and it would be binding for
the power utility to purchase power at higher rates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?