BJP seeks Lokayuta probe into UP power agreements
Lucknow: Alleging a scam to the tune of Rs
3,000 crore in power purchase agreements by UP Power
Corporation Limited, BJP on Monday filed an appeal before the
Lokayukta seeking inquiry.
The appeal, supported by relevant documents, was filed by
BJP national secretary Kirit Somaiya and state general
secretary Mahendra Nath Pandey.
"UPPCL had signed an agreement with five private power
trading companies to purchase 5000 crore units at the rate of
Rs 4.70 per unit," Somaiya told reporters here.
He said 1,850 crore unit power has to be purchased between
July 1 this year and June 30, 2012 and it would be binding for
the power utility to purchase power at higher rates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi