BJP slams Akhilesh Yadav govt
Lucknow: The opposition BJP on Sunday alleged the function organised by the Samajwadi Party dispensation in Uttar Pradesh to mark 125 years of the state legislature was SP`s political programme on government expenditure.
"It is nothing but a political programme of the SP on government expenditure," UP BJP chief Laxmi Kant Bajpai told reporters here.
If this function was justified, then what was wrong with the programme organised on January eight, 2003 in Allahabad to mark 116 years of the state legislature, asked Bajpai.
"At that time, the SP boycotted the programme," he said.
The state BJP president said the party did not boycott today`s programme as it respected parliamentary traditions.
"It is unfortunate that two former Speakers Kesari Nath and Sukhdev Rajbhar were ignored for the function. Even the government forgot about former CMs Rajnath Singh, Kalyan Singh, Mayawati and Ram Naresh Yadav," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?