BJP slams Akhilesh Yadav govt
Lucknow: The opposition BJP on Sunday alleged the function organised by the Samajwadi Party dispensation in Uttar Pradesh to mark 125 years of the state legislature was SP`s political programme on government expenditure.
"It is nothing but a political programme of the SP on government expenditure," UP BJP chief Laxmi Kant Bajpai told reporters here.
If this function was justified, then what was wrong with the programme organised on January eight, 2003 in Allahabad to mark 116 years of the state legislature, asked Bajpai.
"At that time, the SP boycotted the programme," he said.
The state BJP president said the party did not boycott today`s programme as it respected parliamentary traditions.
"It is unfortunate that two former Speakers Kesari Nath and Sukhdev Rajbhar were ignored for the function. Even the government forgot about former CMs Rajnath Singh, Kalyan Singh, Mayawati and Ram Naresh Yadav," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions