BJP slams Akhilesh Yadav govt
Lucknow: The opposition BJP on Sunday alleged the function organised by the Samajwadi Party dispensation in Uttar Pradesh to mark 125 years of the state legislature was SP`s political programme on government expenditure.
"It is nothing but a political programme of the SP on government expenditure," UP BJP chief Laxmi Kant Bajpai told reporters here.
If this function was justified, then what was wrong with the programme organised on January eight, 2003 in Allahabad to mark 116 years of the state legislature, asked Bajpai.
"At that time, the SP boycotted the programme," he said.
The state BJP president said the party did not boycott today`s programme as it respected parliamentary traditions.
"It is unfortunate that two former Speakers Kesari Nath and Sukhdev Rajbhar were ignored for the function. Even the government forgot about former CMs Rajnath Singh, Kalyan Singh, Mayawati and Ram Naresh Yadav," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand