BJP slams Congress, SP in UP
Lakhimpur Kheri: Criticising the Congress for "setting a record in corruption and inflation", former BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Thursday said the malaise would exist till Congress continued to rule the country and appealed to people to bring the BJP to power.
"The Congress regime has set world record in corruption while inflation rate is also on top in the world. Corruption will exist till Congress continues to rule the country," Gadkari said while addressing a rally here.
Terming Samajwadi Party (SP) and the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) as the "B team of the Congress", Gadkari urged the people to get rid of such parties for better governance and vote for BJP in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
On the problems faced by cane farmers, he said the "Congress hand is not with the poor. Government could save around Rs 6 lakh crores spent on petrol and diesel by allowing ethanol to run vehicles. This could benefit cane farmers, but it (Congress-led government) did nothing," and promised to run all vehicles in Kheri on ethanol.
Attacking SP government in UP for the plight of cane farmers, Gadkari said the state had been on top in terms of production of sugarcane and sugar, but due to wrong government policies, farmers were committing suicide.
He also spoke on women`s safety, crime in UP, employment for youth, and welfare for the poor.
Earlier, addressing the rally, BJP MP Varun Gandhi urged people to vote for BJP to "save nationalism". However, he refrained from any direct attack on Congress.
Praising party workers, Varun said he would prepare a list and give them benefits when BJP came to power.
Attacking SP government, Gandhi said it came to power with thumping majority but betrayed the people`s mandate by politics of caste and creed, and added that "it would do no good to blame SP and BSP but BJP must define its priorities.
Gandhi suggested that one per cent tax on the rich should be imposed so that every poor youth could be given Rs 10 lakh without interest to become economically self-reliant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4