BJP, SP behind Muzaffarnagar violence: Beni Prasad Verma
Varanasi: Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma has alleged that BJP and Samajwadi Party were behind the Muzaffarnagar violence, in which 47 people lost their lives.
"The state government is calling it communal riots, but this is not the case. It was a trial of polarisation," Verma charged.
People were called from Gujarat and Maharashtra for the violence and policemen were present in plain clothes during the riots, he told reporters here after a meeting.
"The violence occurred with the state government`s help," he said. "According to my knowledge, BJP called people from outside who went on the rampage," he said.
"When polls are near, BJP joins hands with SP," he claimed.
Beni also took a dig at BJP, saying the party had "made a drama of announcing its prime ministerial candidate."
He asserted that Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi would be the country`s next Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- 40 dead as Turkish shelling, raids hit Syrian civilians
- ACB questions former Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit in water tanker scam
- CAB planning Jagmohan Dalmiya Memorial Lecture during home season
- Dhyan Chand should have got Bharat Ratna ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, says former greats
- Kevin Magnussen taken to hospital for checks after crash at Belgian Grand Prix