BJP, SP behind Muzaffarnagar violence: Beni Prasad Verma
Varanasi: Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma has alleged that BJP and Samajwadi Party were behind the Muzaffarnagar violence, in which 47 people lost their lives.
"The state government is calling it communal riots, but this is not the case. It was a trial of polarisation," Verma charged.
People were called from Gujarat and Maharashtra for the violence and policemen were present in plain clothes during the riots, he told reporters here after a meeting.
"The violence occurred with the state government`s help," he said. "According to my knowledge, BJP called people from outside who went on the rampage," he said.
"When polls are near, BJP joins hands with SP," he claimed.
Beni also took a dig at BJP, saying the party had "made a drama of announcing its prime ministerial candidate."
He asserted that Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi would be the country`s next Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened