BJP, SP behind Muzaffarnagar violence: Beni Prasad Verma
Varanasi: Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma has alleged that BJP and Samajwadi Party were behind the Muzaffarnagar violence, in which 47 people lost their lives.
"The state government is calling it communal riots, but this is not the case. It was a trial of polarisation," Verma charged.
People were called from Gujarat and Maharashtra for the violence and policemen were present in plain clothes during the riots, he told reporters here after a meeting.
"The violence occurred with the state government`s help," he said. "According to my knowledge, BJP called people from outside who went on the rampage," he said.
"When polls are near, BJP joins hands with SP," he claimed.
Beni also took a dig at BJP, saying the party had "made a drama of announcing its prime ministerial candidate."
He asserted that Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi would be the country`s next Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth