BJP, SP behind Muzaffarnagar violence: Beni Prasad Verma
Varanasi: Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma has alleged that BJP and Samajwadi Party were behind the Muzaffarnagar violence, in which 47 people lost their lives.
"The state government is calling it communal riots, but this is not the case. It was a trial of polarisation," Verma charged.
People were called from Gujarat and Maharashtra for the violence and policemen were present in plain clothes during the riots, he told reporters here after a meeting.
"The violence occurred with the state government`s help," he said. "According to my knowledge, BJP called people from outside who went on the rampage," he said.
"When polls are near, BJP joins hands with SP," he claimed.
Beni also took a dig at BJP, saying the party had "made a drama of announcing its prime ministerial candidate."
He asserted that Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi would be the country`s next Prime Minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane