BJP, SP joined hands to spoil communal harmony in UP: Maywati
New Delhi: Demanding the imposition of President`s Rule in Uttar Pradesh, BSP Chief Mayawati on Monday alleged that VHP`s Ayodhya Yatra was a result of a conspiracy by the BJP and the SP to spoil communal harmony in the state for political gains.
"In UP, the BJP and the Samajwadi Party have joined hands secretly to spoil the communal atmosphere in Uttar Pradesh for their political game plan. But the people of the state have rejected their plans," she told reporters here.
"We demand that taking the issue seriously, the Centre should immediately recommend imposition of President`s Rule in the state," Mayawati said.
The BSP leader said "neither the Hindus supported the BJP on its `84 kosi yatra nor the Muslims came in support of the Samajwadi Party. I want to thank the Hindus and Muslims of UP for spoiling the game plan of the two parties".
Under the SP rule, Mayawati alleged that the communal harmony situation has suffered badly and several communal clashes have taken place.
Asked if the VHP had ever sought permission for any such Yatra during here five-year rule between 2007 and 2012, she said, "There was no such proposal during my regime. This is a conspiracy hatched together by the Samajwadi Party and the BJP. The VHP leaders met Mulayam Singh Yadav for over two hours."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'