BJP spoiling UP atmosphere: Akhilesh Yadav
Etawah: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday accused the BJP of attempting to "spoil" the atmosphere of the state.
"BJP is trying to spoil the atmosphere of Uttar Pradesh whereas the government is doing its work in an impartial manner", the chief minister, who was in his native Saifai village, told reporters, here.
"The government is working with regard to the Saharanpur and Faizabad incidents in a just and impartial manner", Yadav said in response to a question.
On the Kanth incident in Moradabad over a loudspeaker, the chief minister said that it was "not" such a big issue.
Stepping up the war of words against BJP, he said, "It could have been resolved with the help of elderly people there but a political party gave it an altogether different twist and shape."
To a question on expelled party leader Amar Singh`s meeting with the Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav in which he (Akhilesh) was also present, the chief minister refused to answer anything on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram