BJP spoiling UP atmosphere: Akhilesh Yadav
Etawah: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday accused the BJP of attempting to "spoil" the atmosphere of the state.
"BJP is trying to spoil the atmosphere of Uttar Pradesh whereas the government is doing its work in an impartial manner", the chief minister, who was in his native Saifai village, told reporters, here.
"The government is working with regard to the Saharanpur and Faizabad incidents in a just and impartial manner", Yadav said in response to a question.
On the Kanth incident in Moradabad over a loudspeaker, the chief minister said that it was "not" such a big issue.
Stepping up the war of words against BJP, he said, "It could have been resolved with the help of elderly people there but a political party gave it an altogether different twist and shape."
To a question on expelled party leader Amar Singh`s meeting with the Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav in which he (Akhilesh) was also present, the chief minister refused to answer anything on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic
- Loyalty declaration on stamp paper a symbol of slavery: BJP
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'