BJP to go alone in 2012 UP polls: Rajnath
Agra: Ruling out any tie-up ahead of the
Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, senior BJP leader Rajnath
Singh on Friday said the party would go it alone in the polls
where it will highlight issues of corruption and poor law and
order in the state.
The people of Uttar Pradesh want to be relieved of the
Mayawati government, and the BJP is responding to their
wishes, he told a press conference during `Jan Swabhiman
The former state chief minister also flayed the ruling
BSP government for "spending people`s money" on constructing
statues and parks which he said would not uplift dalits.
He said his yatra was aimed at educating people about
the need for removing governments responsible for rampant
BJP was against corruption and gave moral support to
Anna Hazare but did not approve of some of his methods, Singh
In reply to a question on who between Advani and Modi
would be the prime ministerial candidate of the BJP in 2014,
he said the matter was an internal issue of the party and a
unanimous decision would be taken in this regard at the right
Earlier, addressing a public meeting here last night,
Singh claimed that more people had been killed by police
bullets in UP than even in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security