BJP trying to communalise atmosphere in UP: SP
Agra: SP on Wednesday accused the BJP of trying to adopt Narendra Modi`s `Gujarat Model` in Uttar Pradesh and "communalise" the atmosphere in the state which has witnessed communal clashes.
"BJP has nothing left in UP. Therefore, it is adopting Modi`s Gujarat model in the state and is communalising the atmosphere," senior SP leader and Maharashtra state unit chief Abu Asim Azmi said.
Azmi alleged that there was a conspiracy to weaken the Muslim vote bank of SP.
"But Muslims are aware and they are with the SP," he said.
Meanwhile, SP national general secretary Naresh Agarwal said there was "laxity" on the part of some officers in Muzaffarngar as they did not give information on the violence in time.
He said despite this, the Akhilesh Yadav government controlled the situation effectively within two days.
Asked whether the clashes would have any bearing on the Lok Sabha elections, he said, "A new issue comes up everyday...This incident will have no bearing on the polls."
He said that a judicial commission has been constituted which would probe the violence.
Violence in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining towns has claimed 40 lives so far.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on