BJP will go it alone in UP polls
Thiruvananthapuram: BJP leader L K Advani
on Saturday said the party would go it alone in the Uttar Pradesh
"No, we don`t wish to have any alliance in Uttar Pradesh
because we know who are the others," he said when asked if the
BJP was lookng for any alliances in the poll-bound state.
The party has been trying to gain a foothold in Uttar
Pradesh for quite some time ever since it lost power in the
BJP recently made former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Uma Bharti in-charge of party affairs in the state in its
attempt to regain the lost ground.
Uttar Pradesh goes to polls early next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss