BJP worker files case against Sriprakash Jaiswal
Varanasi: Another case has been filed against Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal in local court on Saturday by a BJP woman worker, seeking action against him for his alleged sexiest remarks during a poetry meet.
BJP worker, Meena Choubey, yesterday moved the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Amarnath Kushwaha and sought action against Jaiswal for "insulting" women by his remarks during a poetry meet in a women`s college in Kanpur recently.
Accepting the plea, the CJM ordered recording for her statement on October 10.
Choubey, who was accompanied by several other women, said, "When I heard his statement on television, it really hurt me. Despite holding a key constitutional post, how can he made such derogatory comments against women. He has hurt the dignity of women and it shows his mentality."
Already a social activist had sought registration of criminal case against Jaiswal`s in a local court in Kanpur.
Addressing a Kavi sammelan in Kanpur on last Sunday, when the news of India`s victory over Pakistan in a ICC World Twenty-20 match in Sri Lanka came in, Jaiswal had said, "Like an old victory, wives lose charm as time goes by."
Jaiswal, however, later claimed his comments were misconstrued and were being taken out of context and that he apologised if they have hurt the sentiments of women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’