BJP worker files case against Sriprakash Jaiswal
Varanasi: Another case has been filed against Union Coal Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal in local court on Saturday by a BJP woman worker, seeking action against him for his alleged sexiest remarks during a poetry meet.
BJP worker, Meena Choubey, yesterday moved the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate Amarnath Kushwaha and sought action against Jaiswal for "insulting" women by his remarks during a poetry meet in a women`s college in Kanpur recently.
Accepting the plea, the CJM ordered recording for her statement on October 10.
Choubey, who was accompanied by several other women, said, "When I heard his statement on television, it really hurt me. Despite holding a key constitutional post, how can he made such derogatory comments against women. He has hurt the dignity of women and it shows his mentality."
Already a social activist had sought registration of criminal case against Jaiswal`s in a local court in Kanpur.
Addressing a Kavi sammelan in Kanpur on last Sunday, when the news of India`s victory over Pakistan in a ICC World Twenty-20 match in Sri Lanka came in, Jaiswal had said, "Like an old victory, wives lose charm as time goes by."
Jaiswal, however, later claimed his comments were misconstrued and were being taken out of context and that he apologised if they have hurt the sentiments of women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29