BJP workers meet commissioner over power cuts, water-logging
Kanpur: BJP workers on Saturday submitted a memorandum with the Kanpur commissioner over a host of issues affecting city-dwellers including the problem of undeclared power cuts and water-logging.
Led by MLA Salil Bishnoi, BJP workers, met Commissioner Mahesh Gupta and also demanded an increase in the number of seats for intermediate students in the city`s degree colleges.
"We demand an increase in the number of seats in colleges and have asked for evening classes to be arranged so that every student can get admission," Bishnoi told reporters here.
As to the issue of unannounced power cuts, Bishnoi said there should be a fixed timeframe for daily load-shedding.
Talking about the problem of water-logging, the MLA said the city needed a more efficient drainage system.
Bishnoi said the commissioner had assured them that he would look into the above issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India