BJP workers meet commissioner over power cuts, water-logging
Kanpur: BJP workers on Saturday submitted a memorandum with the Kanpur commissioner over a host of issues affecting city-dwellers including the problem of undeclared power cuts and water-logging.
Led by MLA Salil Bishnoi, BJP workers, met Commissioner Mahesh Gupta and also demanded an increase in the number of seats for intermediate students in the city`s degree colleges.
"We demand an increase in the number of seats in colleges and have asked for evening classes to be arranged so that every student can get admission," Bishnoi told reporters here.
As to the issue of unannounced power cuts, Bishnoi said there should be a fixed timeframe for daily load-shedding.
Talking about the problem of water-logging, the MLA said the city needed a more efficient drainage system.
Bishnoi said the commissioner had assured them that he would look into the above issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar