BJP workers protest against Jagdambika Pal getting LS ticket
Lucknow: Amidst reports of former Congress leader Jagdambika Pal cosying up to the BJP and likely to get party ticket for Lok Sabha polls, workers of the saffron party on Tuesday protested against his possible nomination from Domariyaganj seat.
BJP workers from Domariyaganj, which is Pal`s Lok Sabha constituency, and its surrounding areas staged a sit-in at BJP headquarter demanding denial of ticket to the leader, who recently quit the Congress as well as the Lok Sabha.
The workers submitted a memorandum and were jointly addressed by BJP state unit president Laxmikant Bajpai and in-charge of the state affairs Amit Shah.
They claimed Pal had engineered the fall of BJP government of Kalyan Singh in 1998 and was later sworn in as chief minister by the then governor Romesh Bhandari.
"Party leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee had to sat on a dharna against it," they said.
Similar protests were witnessed in Balrampur where BJP workers demanded ticket for Dhirendra Pratap Singh alleging that party candidate Daddan Mishra was not suitable for the party ticket.
The BJP workers of Rae Bareli constituency also held a protest at the party headquarters demanding early announcement of ticket to one Ajay Agarwal, who they claimed was working in the area and was a strong candidate against sitting MP and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video