BJP workers take out march in Sambhal against Kanth incident
Sambhal: After being denied permission for holding protests against the clashes in Kanth earlier this month in Moradabad, BJP workers on Tuesday took out a march here this afternoon.
Led by local party leader Rajesh Singhal, about 250 BJP workers took out a march from the Ram Lila maidan and later handed over a memorandum to the ADM Sambhal SN Singh addressed to the governor demanding action against guilty police officers.
Later talking to newspersons, Singhal said the party in the memorandum has also demanded that the loudspeaker be reinstalled in the temple in Kanth, all innocents put in jail be released immediately and cases be withdrawan against them.
Singhal said that they have also demanded that police officers guilty of humiliating and assaulting BJP workers be punished.
Trouble had erupted in Kanth area of Moradabad on July 4 over the installation of a loudspeaker at a temple leading to violent clashes in which the district magistrate had also suffered grievous injuries in his eye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!