BJP workers take out march in Sambhal against Kanth incident
Sambhal: After being denied permission for holding protests against the clashes in Kanth earlier this month in Moradabad, BJP workers on Tuesday took out a march here this afternoon.
Led by local party leader Rajesh Singhal, about 250 BJP workers took out a march from the Ram Lila maidan and later handed over a memorandum to the ADM Sambhal SN Singh addressed to the governor demanding action against guilty police officers.
Later talking to newspersons, Singhal said the party in the memorandum has also demanded that the loudspeaker be reinstalled in the temple in Kanth, all innocents put in jail be released immediately and cases be withdrawan against them.
Singhal said that they have also demanded that police officers guilty of humiliating and assaulting BJP workers be punished.
Trouble had erupted in Kanth area of Moradabad on July 4 over the installation of a loudspeaker at a temple leading to violent clashes in which the district magistrate had also suffered grievous injuries in his eye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state