BJP workers take out march in Sambhal against Kanth incident
Sambhal: After being denied permission for holding protests against the clashes in Kanth earlier this month in Moradabad, BJP workers on Tuesday took out a march here this afternoon.
Led by local party leader Rajesh Singhal, about 250 BJP workers took out a march from the Ram Lila maidan and later handed over a memorandum to the ADM Sambhal SN Singh addressed to the governor demanding action against guilty police officers.
Later talking to newspersons, Singhal said the party in the memorandum has also demanded that the loudspeaker be reinstalled in the temple in Kanth, all innocents put in jail be released immediately and cases be withdrawan against them.
Singhal said that they have also demanded that police officers guilty of humiliating and assaulting BJP workers be punished.
Trouble had erupted in Kanth area of Moradabad on July 4 over the installation of a loudspeaker at a temple leading to violent clashes in which the district magistrate had also suffered grievous injuries in his eye.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn
- Ten dead, many injured in Istanbul airport suicide attack
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout