BJP yatras to crisscross UP to woo voters
Lucknow: Senior BJP leaders will participate
in the two Jan Swabhiman Yatras being taken out by the party
in the coming weeks to protest "anti-people policies" of Uttar
"Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will
address a rally in Hardoi during yatra being led by national
vice-president Kalraj Mishra on November 13," party spokesman
Vijay Bahadur Pathak told reporters here today.
He said that on the same day, Bihar Deputy Chief Minister
Sushil Modi will address a rally in Padrauna during a yatra
being led by former national president Rajnath Singh.
"While National president of women wing Smriti Irani will
address the public in Sandila on November 14, former Union
minister Yashwant Singh will participate in Rajnath Singh`s
yatra," Pathak said.
The BJP launched the second phase of its yatras being led
by Kalraj Mishra and Rajnath Singh yesterday from Hamirpur and
Bahraich respectively, he said.
The spokesman said both the yatras would conclude in
Ayodhya on November 17 where a public meeting will be
addressed by national president Nitin Gadkari and other senior
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened