BJP youth wing to file complaints against PM
Lucknow: The Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) youth wing has decided to file complaints against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, for his alleged involvement in irregularities in coal block allocations, in police stations across Uttar Pradesh.
Slamming the Prime Minister for his "direct role" in the faulty allocation of coal blocks, the coal block allocation, the Bharatiya Janta Yuva Morcha (BJYM) on Wednesday decided "formally lodge named FIRs against Manmohan Singh".
Harish Dwivedi, the BJYM state president, told a news agency that they were forced to take this extreme step as "it was clear that the UPA government would not act to bring guilty to book".
BJYM workers would be filing formal complaints to lodge FIRs across districts in the state on September 20. Senior leaders would be leading party workers to the police stations.
The BJP has made its stand clear on the coal block issue and has decided to "fight it out inside and outside Parliament."
Senior BJP leaders led by the Lucknow MP Lalji Tandon and state president Laxmikant Bajpayi have already started their protests against the Congress by holding a rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL