BJP`s fact-finding team to visit Muzaffarnagar on Monday
New Delhi: BJP has constituted a fact-finding committee headed by party leader Ravi Shankar Prasad on Muzaffarnagar riots, which will visit the riot-hit district on Monday.
The three-member committee has been tasked by party president Rajnath Singh to assess the ground situation and look into the reasons behind the communal riots, a party spokesperson said.
The other two members of the committee include party MP from Meerut Rajendra Agrawal and Agra MP Ramshankar Katheria.
At least 21 people were killed in the violence in Muzaffarnagar where army today staged flag march and thousands of anti-riot police personnel being deployed to restore law and order.
Tension has been running high since three persons were killed in Kawal village on August 27 over an eveteasing incident. At least 11 persons, including a TV channel journalist and a photographer, were killed yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past