BKU leader Rakesh Tikait heading for Noida arrested
Meerut: Senior Bharatiya Kisan Union
(BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait was on Thursday arrested while he was on
his way to troubled Batta Parsaul area of Greater Noida to
meet the agitating farmers.
Tikait and 100 other BKU workers were arrested when
they broke a police barrier in Ganga Nagar while on their way
to Bhatta Parsaul in Greater Noida, DIG (Meerut) Prem Prakash
Tikait, BKU`s national spokesperson, and his associates
were kept at the police line, Prakash added.
Meanwhile, arrested Tikait said that they were going to
the troubled area to help in restoration of normalcy in the
region by talking with the agitating farmers.
He said that BKU chief Mahendra Singh Tikait could not
come personally as he was not well.
Tension prevailed in Greater Noida following death of
four people, including farmers, in police firing when the
farmers` agitation demanding better compensation for land
acquired for the Yamuna Expressway project turned violent.
The entire issue has also gained political heat with the
visit of Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi who was
arrested by police on Wednesday during his visit to the
troubled Bhatta Parsaul region.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma