BKU leader Rakesh Tikait heading for Noida arrested
Meerut: Senior Bharatiya Kisan Union
(BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait was on Thursday arrested while he was on
his way to troubled Batta Parsaul area of Greater Noida to
meet the agitating farmers.
Tikait and 100 other BKU workers were arrested when
they broke a police barrier in Ganga Nagar while on their way
to Bhatta Parsaul in Greater Noida, DIG (Meerut) Prem Prakash
Tikait, BKU`s national spokesperson, and his associates
were kept at the police line, Prakash added.
Meanwhile, arrested Tikait said that they were going to
the troubled area to help in restoration of normalcy in the
region by talking with the agitating farmers.
He said that BKU chief Mahendra Singh Tikait could not
come personally as he was not well.
Tension prevailed in Greater Noida following death of
four people, including farmers, in police firing when the
farmers` agitation demanding better compensation for land
acquired for the Yamuna Expressway project turned violent.
The entire issue has also gained political heat with the
visit of Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi who was
arrested by police on Wednesday during his visit to the
troubled Bhatta Parsaul region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Photo alert! Latest pic of Twinkle Khanna with daughter Nitara will surely make you go aww
- Will drag Preeti Menon to court: Maharastra minister Eknath Khadse on 'links' with Dawood
- Handsomeness! Randeep Hooda and Dino Morea party looking debonair-- See pics
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'
- At least 13 dead in Vietnam bus smash