BKU leader Tikait surrenders in Bareilly court
Muzaffarnagar: Bharatiya Kisan Union
president Mahendra Singh Tikait and its secretary were
released on bail after they surrendered in a local court in
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Gopal Upadheya
ordered the release of the duo on furnishing personal bonds of
Rs 10,000 each and directed them to appear on November 5 in
the court, in connection with a case of rail blockade at
Bareilly in 1992, defence lawyer MK Pandey said.
According to prosecution, police had registered a case
against Tikait and another person for blocking railway tracks
on March 23, 1992.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi