BKU not to participate in RLD`s Parliament gherao
Muzaffarnagar: Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) Monday said it will not participate in the Rashtriya Lok Dal`s call to gherao Parliament on August 26 to demand replacement of land acquisition act with a new one.
BKU national spokesman Rakesh Tikait told reporters here that the call is not all-party and the Union would not participate at this stage.
He, however, demanded replacement of Land Acquisition Act, 1894, to protect farmers` interest by bringing an ordinance to this effect.
Meanwhile, RLD national general secretary Anuradha Choudhry said here that various political parties had extended support to its call to gherao Parliament on August 26.
Party president Ajit Singh and other party leaders were in touch with other political leaders to enlist their support for the agitation, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list