BKU not to participate in RLD`s Parliament gherao
Muzaffarnagar: Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) Monday said it will not participate in the Rashtriya Lok Dal`s call to gherao Parliament on August 26 to demand replacement of land acquisition act with a new one.
BKU national spokesman Rakesh Tikait told reporters here that the call is not all-party and the Union would not participate at this stage.
He, however, demanded replacement of Land Acquisition Act, 1894, to protect farmers` interest by bringing an ordinance to this effect.
Meanwhile, RLD national general secretary Anuradha Choudhry said here that various political parties had extended support to its call to gherao Parliament on August 26.
Party president Ajit Singh and other party leaders were in touch with other political leaders to enlist their support for the agitation, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery