BKU not to participate in RLD`s Parliament gherao
Muzaffarnagar: Bhartiya Kisan Union (BKU) Monday said it will not participate in the Rashtriya Lok Dal`s call to gherao Parliament on August 26 to demand replacement of land acquisition act with a new one.
BKU national spokesman Rakesh Tikait told reporters here that the call is not all-party and the Union would not participate at this stage.
He, however, demanded replacement of Land Acquisition Act, 1894, to protect farmers` interest by bringing an ordinance to this effect.
Meanwhile, RLD national general secretary Anuradha Choudhry said here that various political parties had extended support to its call to gherao Parliament on August 26.
Party president Ajit Singh and other party leaders were in touch with other political leaders to enlist their support for the agitation, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations