BKU to protect Kejriwal during Farrukhabad visit
Farrukhabad: Criticising Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid for daring Arvind Kejriwal to stage a protest in Farrukhabad, Bhartiya Kisan Union (Tikait group) on Sunday vowed to thwart any attempt to harm the social activist during his visit to the district on November 01.
Khurshid`s recent statement was strongly condemned in a meeting of the organisation yesterday, and a decision was taken to protect Kejriwal and his team, general secretary of BKU, Laxmi Shanker Joshi, said.
During Kejriwal`s visit to Khurshid`s parliamentary constituency on November 01, lathi-clad farmers would be deployed to protect him, he said adding, if any person attempts to create disturbance then a reply would be made in the same vein.
Meanwhile, Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad has warned of serious consequences if any disruption was created during Kejriwal`s visit.
In a clear challenge to Kejriwal, Khurshid had dared him to stage a protest in his constituency and had said "let him also return from Farrukhabad".
"I have been made the Law Minister and asked to work with the pen. I will work with the pen but also with blood," he said at a closed-door function in Delhi whose footage was aired by some news channels.
Referring to Kejriwal`s threat to stage a protest in his home constituency from November 01, the senior Congress leader said, "Let them come and visit Farrukhabad. But let him also return from Farrukhabad."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?