BKU training 1,400 volunteers to "protect" Kejriwal
Farrukhabad: As many as 1,400 volunteers of Bhartiya Kisan Union, armed with batons, will be giving protection to activist Arvind Kejariwal during his visit here on November 1.
The BKU had criticised Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid for allegedly daring Kejriwal to stage a protest in Farrukhabad, and vowed to thwart any attempt to harm the social activist.
As part of the announcement BKU has started training volunteers for its force.
The farmers are being given training two-hours daily at Pachrauli village in Kayamganj area after making arrangement of required number of `lathis`, BKU sources said here on Tuesday.
The BKU in its emergency meeting on October 20 had condemned Khurshid`s statement and said "nothing would be allowed to happen to Kejriwal and his team members."
"During Kejriwal`s visit to Khurshid`s Parliamentary constituency on November 1, lathi-clad farmers would be deployed in his security and if any person would attempt to create disturbance then he would be replied in the same vain," said Laxmi Shanker Joshi, general secretary BKU.
A team of farmers would form a cordon around Kejariwal immediately after he enters the limit of Farukkhabad on November 1, whereas another team would be deployed at the gate of the meeting site, sources said.
Meanwhile, youth brigade of IAC has announced to deploy 200 youths in Kejriwal`s security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price