BKU training 1,400 volunteers to "protect" Kejriwal
Farrukhabad: As many as 1,400 volunteers of Bhartiya Kisan Union, armed with batons, will be giving protection to activist Arvind Kejariwal during his visit here on November 1.
The BKU had criticised Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid for allegedly daring Kejriwal to stage a protest in Farrukhabad, and vowed to thwart any attempt to harm the social activist.
As part of the announcement BKU has started training volunteers for its force.
The farmers are being given training two-hours daily at Pachrauli village in Kayamganj area after making arrangement of required number of `lathis`, BKU sources said here on Tuesday.
The BKU in its emergency meeting on October 20 had condemned Khurshid`s statement and said "nothing would be allowed to happen to Kejriwal and his team members."
"During Kejriwal`s visit to Khurshid`s Parliamentary constituency on November 1, lathi-clad farmers would be deployed in his security and if any person would attempt to create disturbance then he would be replied in the same vain," said Laxmi Shanker Joshi, general secretary BKU.
A team of farmers would form a cordon around Kejariwal immediately after he enters the limit of Farukkhabad on November 1, whereas another team would be deployed at the gate of the meeting site, sources said.
Meanwhile, youth brigade of IAC has announced to deploy 200 youths in Kejriwal`s security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what