BKU urges UP govt to give adequate power supply
Muzaffarnagar: Bhartiya Kisan Union president Naresh Tikait has urged the state government to provide adequate electricity to farmers for irrigation or face consequences.
Speaking to reporters at the BKU headquarter in Sisoli on Friday, Tikait alleged that state power officials were harassing farmers in connection with checking of their tube wells.
A BKU panchayat would be held on June 1 to raise the issue of inadequate power supply to farmers, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?