BKU urges UP govt to give adequate power supply
Muzaffarnagar: Bhartiya Kisan Union president Naresh Tikait has urged the state government to provide adequate electricity to farmers for irrigation or face consequences.
Speaking to reporters at the BKU headquarter in Sisoli on Friday, Tikait alleged that state power officials were harassing farmers in connection with checking of their tube wells.
A BKU panchayat would be held on June 1 to raise the issue of inadequate power supply to farmers, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon