BKU urges UP govt to give adequate power supply
Muzaffarnagar: Bhartiya Kisan Union president Naresh Tikait has urged the state government to provide adequate electricity to farmers for irrigation or face consequences.
Speaking to reporters at the BKU headquarter in Sisoli on Friday, Tikait alleged that state power officials were harassing farmers in connection with checking of their tube wells.
A BKU panchayat would be held on June 1 to raise the issue of inadequate power supply to farmers, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore
- Dear Deepika Padukone, your IIFA attires were KILLER! View in pics
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan