BL Joshi sworn-in as UP Governor for second term
Lucknow: BL Joshi was sworn-in as the Uttar Pradesh Governor for the second time today by Allahabad High Court Chief Justice D Y Chandrachud.
At a function here at Rajbhawan, Joshi was sworn in as the Governor for the second term in presence of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, leaders of political parties and senior officers.
78-year-old Joshi took charge as Uttar Pradesh Governor on Jul 28, 2009.
He was previously Lt Governor of Delhi from 2004 to 2007, Governor of Meghalaya in 2007, and Governor of Uttarakhand from October 2007 to July 2009.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev