BL Joshi sworn-in as UP Governor for second term
Lucknow: BL Joshi was sworn-in as the Uttar Pradesh Governor for the second time today by Allahabad High Court Chief Justice D Y Chandrachud.
At a function here at Rajbhawan, Joshi was sworn in as the Governor for the second term in presence of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, leaders of political parties and senior officers.
78-year-old Joshi took charge as Uttar Pradesh Governor on Jul 28, 2009.
He was previously Lt Governor of Delhi from 2004 to 2007, Governor of Meghalaya in 2007, and Governor of Uttarakhand from October 2007 to July 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index