BL Joshi sworn-in as UP Governor for second term
Lucknow: BL Joshi was sworn-in as the Uttar Pradesh Governor for the second time today by Allahabad High Court Chief Justice D Y Chandrachud.
At a function here at Rajbhawan, Joshi was sworn in as the Governor for the second term in presence of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, leaders of political parties and senior officers.
78-year-old Joshi took charge as Uttar Pradesh Governor on Jul 28, 2009.
He was previously Lt Governor of Delhi from 2004 to 2007, Governor of Meghalaya in 2007, and Governor of Uttarakhand from October 2007 to July 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach