BL Joshi sworn-in as UP Governor for second term
Lucknow: BL Joshi was sworn-in as the Uttar Pradesh Governor for the second time today by Allahabad High Court Chief Justice D Y Chandrachud.
At a function here at Rajbhawan, Joshi was sworn in as the Governor for the second term in presence of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, leaders of political parties and senior officers.
78-year-old Joshi took charge as Uttar Pradesh Governor on Jul 28, 2009.
He was previously Lt Governor of Delhi from 2004 to 2007, Governor of Meghalaya in 2007, and Governor of Uttarakhand from October 2007 to July 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP assembly elections: Congress plans massive road show, public meeting on July 25
- Left, JD(U) leaders to visit Una today
- BJP hits back at Pakistan, says talks with Islamabad only on terrorism issue and not on Kashmir
- Sensex ends 93 points up on earnings lift, fund inflows
- Vaccinated and Ready: IOC special invitee Sachin Tendulkar to support India at 2016 Rio Olympics