BL Joshi sworn-in as UP Governor for second term
Lucknow: BL Joshi was sworn-in as the Uttar Pradesh Governor for the second time today by Allahabad High Court Chief Justice D Y Chandrachud.
At a function here at Rajbhawan, Joshi was sworn in as the Governor for the second term in presence of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, leaders of political parties and senior officers.
78-year-old Joshi took charge as Uttar Pradesh Governor on Jul 28, 2009.
He was previously Lt Governor of Delhi from 2004 to 2007, Governor of Meghalaya in 2007, and Governor of Uttarakhand from October 2007 to July 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees