Blood cancer patient shifted to Lucknow hospital
Kanpur: Blood cancer patient Alka Tiwari, who
had appealed to a local court to either ask the government to
bear her medical expenses or allow euthanasia, was on Tuesday admitted to Sanjay Gandhi PGI hospital in Lucknow after her
condition deteriorated, her family said here.
Union Minister and Kanpur MP Shriprakash Jaiswal has
requested Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad for transferring
Alka to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi.
Azad has agreed to the request, Jaiswal said, adding that
as soon her condition stabilises, she will be shifted to
A local court yesterday issued notices to the Central
government, the state government and District Magistrate to
present their views on the matter during the next hearing on
October 17, the girl`s lawyer Anand Jaiswal said.
A civil suit was filed by Alka, who is suffering from
cancer, on September 30 asking the government to either fund
her treatment or allow euthanasia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured