Blood cancer patient shifted to Lucknow hospital
Kanpur: Blood cancer patient Alka Tiwari, who
had appealed to a local court to either ask the government to
bear her medical expenses or allow euthanasia, was on Tuesday admitted to Sanjay Gandhi PGI hospital in Lucknow after her
condition deteriorated, her family said here.
Union Minister and Kanpur MP Shriprakash Jaiswal has
requested Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad for transferring
Alka to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi.
Azad has agreed to the request, Jaiswal said, adding that
as soon her condition stabilises, she will be shifted to
A local court yesterday issued notices to the Central
government, the state government and District Magistrate to
present their views on the matter during the next hearing on
October 17, the girl`s lawyer Anand Jaiswal said.
A civil suit was filed by Alka, who is suffering from
cancer, on September 30 asking the government to either fund
her treatment or allow euthanasia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends