Blood cancer patient shifted to Lucknow hospital
Kanpur: Blood cancer patient Alka Tiwari, who
had appealed to a local court to either ask the government to
bear her medical expenses or allow euthanasia, was on Tuesday admitted to Sanjay Gandhi PGI hospital in Lucknow after her
condition deteriorated, her family said here.
Union Minister and Kanpur MP Shriprakash Jaiswal has
requested Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad for transferring
Alka to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi.
Azad has agreed to the request, Jaiswal said, adding that
as soon her condition stabilises, she will be shifted to
A local court yesterday issued notices to the Central
government, the state government and District Magistrate to
present their views on the matter during the next hearing on
October 17, the girl`s lawyer Anand Jaiswal said.
A civil suit was filed by Alka, who is suffering from
cancer, on September 30 asking the government to either fund
her treatment or allow euthanasia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez