Blood cancer patient shifted to Lucknow hospital
Kanpur: Blood cancer patient Alka Tiwari, who
had appealed to a local court to either ask the government to
bear her medical expenses or allow euthanasia, was on Tuesday admitted to Sanjay Gandhi PGI hospital in Lucknow after her
condition deteriorated, her family said here.
Union Minister and Kanpur MP Shriprakash Jaiswal has
requested Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad for transferring
Alka to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi.
Azad has agreed to the request, Jaiswal said, adding that
as soon her condition stabilises, she will be shifted to
A local court yesterday issued notices to the Central
government, the state government and District Magistrate to
present their views on the matter during the next hearing on
October 17, the girl`s lawyer Anand Jaiswal said.
A civil suit was filed by Alka, who is suffering from
cancer, on September 30 asking the government to either fund
her treatment or allow euthanasia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued