Bloodstains on Aarushi`s pillow, khukri not same: CFSL expert
Ghaziabad: A CFSL scientist on Friday told a Ghaziabad court that bloodstains found on murdered teenager Aarushi Talwar`s pillow cover and the `khukri` recovered from room of Hemraj`s friend Krishna did not match and it appeared the door of her room was open at the time of the killing.
"DNA from bloodstains found on pillow of Aarushi did not match the samples of blood found on khukri," said Suresh Kumar Singhla, a senior Central Forensic Science Laboratory scientist, while deposing as a prosecution witness in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
Singhla told the special CBI judge S Lal that he had visited the Talwar`s Jalvayu Vihar apartment with his team and found that door of Aarushi`s room opened only from inside.
"We found that there were bloodstains just outside the door and blood was also on the right wall of the room, after which we concluded that the door of the girl`s room was open at the time of her murder," Singhla said.
After that the court fixed November 20 as the next date of hearing.
Teenager Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj were murdered in 2008 and her parents, dentists Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, are being tried for the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!