Board exam candidate attacked by `cheating mafia`
Aligarh: A student appearing for his intermediate examination was attacked and seriously wounded after he reportedly failed to pay `protection money` to the members of a `cheating mafia`, police said on Thursday.
According to a complaint lodged with Atrauli police, Wajid Ali was yesterday returning from his examination centre in Nagaichpara when he was accosted by four persons who demanded that he pay a sum of Rs 6,000 in exchange for the `permission` to appear in the exams.
When he refused to concede their demand, they attacked him with sticks and wounded him. Later, he lodged a complaint over the attack.
Several complaints have been registered over the past few days regarding the activities of what is being described as a `cheating mafia` active in Atrauli, sources said.
Senior district officials have been investigating the matter, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands