Boat sinks in Mirzapur, 18 missing
Mirzapur (UP): As many as 18 people were missing when a boat ferrying them capsized midstream on river Ganga in Dehat Kotwali area here this evening, police said.
The victims were returning from Nevadiya Ghat to their village when the boat sank, they said.
The boat was carrying 26 people when it capsized, police said adding eight of them swam to safety.
Eighteen were missing and efforts were on to trace them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH