Boat sinks in Mirzapur, 18 missing
Mirzapur (UP): As many as 18 people were missing when a boat ferrying them capsized midstream on river Ganga in Dehat Kotwali area here this evening, police said.
The victims were returning from Nevadiya Ghat to their village when the boat sank, they said.
The boat was carrying 26 people when it capsized, police said adding eight of them swam to safety.
Eighteen were missing and efforts were on to trace them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh