Boat tragedy: Four drown, four others go missing
Jalaun (UP): Four persons drowned and
four others have gone missing and after a boat carrying 12
persons capsized on Tuesday in river Betwa in Kadaura area, police
The incident took place this afternoon when the
devotees were going to pay obeisance to Goddess Durga at a
temple in Hamirpur and the boat carrying 12 persons capsized,
The incident took place between Kadaura area in Jalaun
and Jalalpur area of Hamirpur district, they said.
The drowned persons are - Raju (37), Sanjay (25),
Bhura (35) and Anil (22). The bodies of the victims were
fished out by the villagers.
While four persons swam to safety, four others are
still missing and efforts are on to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes