Boat tragedy: Four drown, four others go missing
Jalaun (UP): Four persons drowned and
four others have gone missing and after a boat carrying 12
persons capsized on Tuesday in river Betwa in Kadaura area, police
The incident took place this afternoon when the
devotees were going to pay obeisance to Goddess Durga at a
temple in Hamirpur and the boat carrying 12 persons capsized,
The incident took place between Kadaura area in Jalaun
and Jalalpur area of Hamirpur district, they said.
The drowned persons are - Raju (37), Sanjay (25),
Bhura (35) and Anil (22). The bodies of the victims were
fished out by the villagers.
While four persons swam to safety, four others are
still missing and efforts are on to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India