Bomb scare on Jet Airways flight
Varanasi: A bomb scare triggered by
a passenger on Sunday forced a Jet Airways flight from Delhi to
Khajurao with 114 people on board to make a landing under
emergency conditions here.
The passenger V R K Singh, who was dressed as a sadhu,
got into an argument with a foreign national who objected to
his talking to his wife.
"Chup raho. Nahi to bomb phat jayeja (Shut up or the
bomb will explode)," Singh, 52, was quoted as having told the
couple who immediately complained to the crew.
On questioning at the airport here, the sadhu claimed
that he had only asked the couple not to quarrel with him and
had not made any mention of a bomb.
After extensive checking of the aircraft, the flight
Boeing 737-9W723 (Delhi-Varanasi-Khajurao), which landed here
at 12.45 PM, left for Khajurao in Madhya Pradesh at 1700 hrs,
nearly four hours behind schedule.
A Jet Airways spokesperson said the flight was
delayed due to questioning of "certain guests" on security
concerns by the airport authorities as well as security
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details