Bones found after pond dries up in Etah; police probe on
Etah: Human skulls and bones were found on
the dry bed of a pond here, police said on Sunday.
Following this recovery on Saturday, an inquiry by police
indicated that the bones were "very old" and could have been
disposed into the pond by someone from a nearby mortuary which
was set up in 1880, Senior Superintendent of Police R K
About 8-10 human skulls and some bones were found lying
on the bed of a dry pond.
Police said, the bones have been lying in the pond for a
long time but were discovered only after the water body dried
up this summer.
A team has been deputed to conduct a detailed inquiry in
the matter, he said.
Even in 2007, some bones were recovered from a land near
the same mortuary, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say