Bones found after pond dries up in Etah; police probe on
Etah: Human skulls and bones were found on
the dry bed of a pond here, police said on Sunday.
Following this recovery on Saturday, an inquiry by police
indicated that the bones were "very old" and could have been
disposed into the pond by someone from a nearby mortuary which
was set up in 1880, Senior Superintendent of Police R K
About 8-10 human skulls and some bones were found lying
on the bed of a dry pond.
Police said, the bones have been lying in the pond for a
long time but were discovered only after the water body dried
up this summer.
A team has been deputed to conduct a detailed inquiry in
the matter, he said.
Even in 2007, some bones were recovered from a land near
the same mortuary, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state