Book teachers who secured jobs using forged documents: Allahabad HC
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has ordered lodging of FIRs within three weeks against more than 800 primary school teachers across Uttar Pradesh, who were found to have secured employment on the basis of forged degrees or fictitious appointment letters.
It also ordered that the amount the teachers have been paid so far by way of salaries and other emoluments should be recovered.
A Division Bench comprising justices Amar Saran and Dinesh Gupta passed the order on January 11 while expressing dissatisfaction with submissions made by the CBCID of state police as well as the Basic Education department about action taken so far against such teachers.
The court was informed that "verification has been done of 89183 Assistant Teachers of Basic Education Department.... It has been revealed that 873 teachers have been employed as Basic Teachers on the basis of forged and fictitious degrees/appointment letters".
"It is further stated that out of the aforesaid teachers, who have been appointed on the basis of forged degrees/ appointment letters, services of 810 teachers have been terminated and FIRs have been lodged against 401 teachers," the court noted with dissatisfaction and added "we fail to understand why FIRs have not been lodged against all the teachers who have obtained employment on the basis of forged degrees/appointment letters".
"Let it be done within three weeks and all coercive steps be taken for apprehension of such teachers. The steps taken for recovering the amount which has been wrongly paid to the teachers who have obtained appointment in the aforesaid matter, should also be disclosed by the next date of listing.
The court said "fresh progress of investigation and the compliance report of the present and earlier orders of this court be submitted by February 18, 2013."
The order came in course of hearing on the writ petition of Sachin Rana and another person from Baghpat district, both of whom had been employed as teachers in the district and had moved the court challenging an FIR lodged against them by the Principal of the District Institute for Education and Training in the year 2011 for allegedly submitting forged documents to secure employment.
The court had, vide an earlier order, asked the Basic Education department and the police to investigate all such cases across the state and take necessary action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India