Book teachers who secured jobs using forged documents: Allahabad HC
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court has ordered lodging of FIRs within three weeks against more than 800 primary school teachers across Uttar Pradesh, who were found to have secured employment on the basis of forged degrees or fictitious appointment letters.
It also ordered that the amount the teachers have been paid so far by way of salaries and other emoluments should be recovered.
A Division Bench comprising justices Amar Saran and Dinesh Gupta passed the order on January 11 while expressing dissatisfaction with submissions made by the CBCID of state police as well as the Basic Education department about action taken so far against such teachers.
The court was informed that "verification has been done of 89183 Assistant Teachers of Basic Education Department.... It has been revealed that 873 teachers have been employed as Basic Teachers on the basis of forged and fictitious degrees/appointment letters".
"It is further stated that out of the aforesaid teachers, who have been appointed on the basis of forged degrees/ appointment letters, services of 810 teachers have been terminated and FIRs have been lodged against 401 teachers," the court noted with dissatisfaction and added "we fail to understand why FIRs have not been lodged against all the teachers who have obtained employment on the basis of forged degrees/appointment letters".
"Let it be done within three weeks and all coercive steps be taken for apprehension of such teachers. The steps taken for recovering the amount which has been wrongly paid to the teachers who have obtained appointment in the aforesaid matter, should also be disclosed by the next date of listing.
The court said "fresh progress of investigation and the compliance report of the present and earlier orders of this court be submitted by February 18, 2013."
The order came in course of hearing on the writ petition of Sachin Rana and another person from Baghpat district, both of whom had been employed as teachers in the district and had moved the court challenging an FIR lodged against them by the Principal of the District Institute for Education and Training in the year 2011 for allegedly submitting forged documents to secure employment.
The court had, vide an earlier order, asked the Basic Education department and the police to investigate all such cases across the state and take necessary action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?