Boy allegedly beaten by UP college officials for not paying fee
Ghaziabad: A student of a private college in Gang Nahar here has alleged that he was beaten up by officials of the institute for being unable to pay the fee for practical exams, police said today.
The victim student, Chaman Singh, has lodged a complaint in this regard with the local police station.
Singh, a BEd student of the college, has alleged that yesterday he went to the institute to appear in his practical exams, said police station in-charge R P Sharm, quoting the complaint filed by Singh in this regard.
There, he was told by college officials that he will have to pay Rs 20,000 as fee to appear in the exam. When Singh expressed his inability to pay the amount, a senior official of the college allegedly beat him up, he said.
The official also allegedly pointed a pistol at Singh, threatening to kill him, the official added. The college administration has, however, denied the allegations.
"College officials have been called to the police station for questioning. If anyone is found guilty, they will be punished," said Sharma. Chaman Singh is a resident of Bheem Nagar in Aligarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in