Boy killed, local residents protest in Bahraich
Bahraich: An 11-year-old boy was killed after being hit by a speeding bus on the Bahraich-Nanpara road here leading to strong protests by local residents who set the vehicle on fire.
The speeding bus on its way to Nanpara from Bahraich hit Razzak near Gulalpurva village killing him on the spot, police said.
Infuriated over the accident, the locals chased the fleeing bus and set it on fire after asking passengers to get down, police said, adding, they also held up traffic for some time.
A case has been registered by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!