Boy killed, local residents protest in Bahraich
Bahraich: An 11-year-old boy was killed after being hit by a speeding bus on the Bahraich-Nanpara road here leading to strong protests by local residents who set the vehicle on fire.
The speeding bus on its way to Nanpara from Bahraich hit Razzak near Gulalpurva village killing him on the spot, police said.
Infuriated over the accident, the locals chased the fleeing bus and set it on fire after asking passengers to get down, police said, adding, they also held up traffic for some time.
A case has been registered by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?