Boy killed, local residents protest in Bahraich
Bahraich: An 11-year-old boy was killed after being hit by a speeding bus on the Bahraich-Nanpara road here leading to strong protests by local residents who set the vehicle on fire.
The speeding bus on its way to Nanpara from Bahraich hit Razzak near Gulalpurva village killing him on the spot, police said.
Infuriated over the accident, the locals chased the fleeing bus and set it on fire after asking passengers to get down, police said, adding, they also held up traffic for some time.
A case has been registered by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video