Boy killed, local residents protest in Bahraich
Bahraich: An 11-year-old boy was killed after being hit by a speeding bus on the Bahraich-Nanpara road here leading to strong protests by local residents who set the vehicle on fire.
The speeding bus on its way to Nanpara from Bahraich hit Razzak near Gulalpurva village killing him on the spot, police said.
Infuriated over the accident, the locals chased the fleeing bus and set it on fire after asking passengers to get down, police said, adding, they also held up traffic for some time.
A case has been registered by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment