Braveheart`s family terms Asaram`s remark as `illogical`
Ballia: The family of 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim has taken a strong exception to Asaram Bapu`s controversial statement on the girl, terming it as "illogical".
"It is an absolutely illogical statement least expected from him," the family told newspersons here.
"We had immense respect for Asaram Bapu and also have many books related to him but as soon as we get back to Delhi we would put them on fire," the brother of the deceased said terming the statement as "very cheap and downgrade."
"Godman or saints can never say anything of this sort... It only exposes his mentality," the family said.
Asaram Bapu had yesterday said that the rape and murder would not have happened if the victim had called the rapist killers her brothers.
Referring to the growing incidents of rape, the family said that strict laws were necessary to check the crime against women and also for changing the attitude of the people.
The father of the paramedical student said that the family had great hopes that she would recover when she was being taken to Singapore for treatment.
Meanwhile the district administration is preparing for the "terahi" (ritual related to death) of the girl on January 12.
ASP Ashok Tripathi said that though there is no confirmation of VVIPs attending the function, the district magistrate has started preparations in case any of the VVIPs decide to attend it.
A helipad is also being prepared in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray