Braveheart`s family terms Asaram`s remark as `illogical`
Ballia: The family of 23-year-old Delhi gangrape victim has taken a strong exception to Asaram Bapu`s controversial statement on the girl, terming it as "illogical".
"It is an absolutely illogical statement least expected from him," the family told newspersons here.
"We had immense respect for Asaram Bapu and also have many books related to him but as soon as we get back to Delhi we would put them on fire," the brother of the deceased said terming the statement as "very cheap and downgrade."
"Godman or saints can never say anything of this sort... It only exposes his mentality," the family said.
Asaram Bapu had yesterday said that the rape and murder would not have happened if the victim had called the rapist killers her brothers.
Referring to the growing incidents of rape, the family said that strict laws were necessary to check the crime against women and also for changing the attitude of the people.
The father of the paramedical student said that the family had great hopes that she would recover when she was being taken to Singapore for treatment.
Meanwhile the district administration is preparing for the "terahi" (ritual related to death) of the girl on January 12.
ASP Ashok Tripathi said that though there is no confirmation of VVIPs attending the function, the district magistrate has started preparations in case any of the VVIPs decide to attend it.
A helipad is also being prepared in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj