Breach of poll promise also corruption: Mulayam
Lucknow: Claiming that SP is the only party ever to fulfill its poll promises, its chief Mulayam Singh Yadav Sunday said breach of election promises is also corruption.
"Unlike SP, no party has ever fulfilled promises made by them during elections. SP feels that breach of promise is also corruption...Party leaders, who are holding posts of ministers should maintain trust of people with their actions," Yadav said while kickstarting distribution of unemployment dole to about 10,500 youths at a programme here.
He said the target of the state government is not only to give unemployment allowance but also employment to youths.
"In the days to come, we will start Kanya Vidya Dhan scheme and fulfill all our poll promises...Though the government is of five years, we will try to fulfil all the promises as early as possible," Yadav said.
Earlier, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav blamed the previous BSP government of doing nothing to redress the unemployment problem in the state.
"The previous government did nothing to redress problem of unemployment. After SP got power, it has succeeded in making positive atmosphere in the state and investors are attracted. We hope new industries will be set up and employment opportunities will be generated in the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today