Breach of poll promise also corruption: Mulayam
Lucknow: Claiming that SP is the only party ever to fulfill its poll promises, its chief Mulayam Singh Yadav Sunday said breach of election promises is also corruption.
"Unlike SP, no party has ever fulfilled promises made by them during elections. SP feels that breach of promise is also corruption...Party leaders, who are holding posts of ministers should maintain trust of people with their actions," Yadav said while kickstarting distribution of unemployment dole to about 10,500 youths at a programme here.
He said the target of the state government is not only to give unemployment allowance but also employment to youths.
"In the days to come, we will start Kanya Vidya Dhan scheme and fulfill all our poll promises...Though the government is of five years, we will try to fulfil all the promises as early as possible," Yadav said.
Earlier, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav blamed the previous BSP government of doing nothing to redress the unemployment problem in the state.
"The previous government did nothing to redress problem of unemployment. After SP got power, it has succeeded in making positive atmosphere in the state and investors are attracted. We hope new industries will be set up and employment opportunities will be generated in the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why