`Bring Priyanka forward if you want to form govt in UP`
Amethi: Counter Mayawati with Priyanka --
this was apparently the suggestion by a Congress activist to
Rahul Gandhi after he declared that the party was aiming at
forming a government in Uttar Pradesh.
"Agar aap UP mein sarkar banana chahate hai to
Priyanka ko age kyon nahi late (if you want to form the
government in UP, why don`t you bring Priyanka Gandhi
forward)," Congress activist Sonu Singh stood up and asked as
Rahul concluded his speech during a function at Raiphulwari.
The AICC general secretary evaded the question and
said he would discuss it later with him.
Rahul`s sister Priyanka, a mother of two, has stayed
away from politics restricting herself to campaigning for her
brother and mother Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
Addressing the villagers, Rahul accused Chief Minister
Mayawati of stifling central schemes in the state and said
that Congress can ensure development only after it comes into
power in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how
- Five dead, 20 injured as truck collides with tanker in UP's Lucknow - Know what happened
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here