`Bring Priyanka forward if you want to form govt in UP`
Amethi: Counter Mayawati with Priyanka --
this was apparently the suggestion by a Congress activist to
Rahul Gandhi after he declared that the party was aiming at
forming a government in Uttar Pradesh.
"Agar aap UP mein sarkar banana chahate hai to
Priyanka ko age kyon nahi late (if you want to form the
government in UP, why don`t you bring Priyanka Gandhi
forward)," Congress activist Sonu Singh stood up and asked as
Rahul concluded his speech during a function at Raiphulwari.
The AICC general secretary evaded the question and
said he would discuss it later with him.
Rahul`s sister Priyanka, a mother of two, has stayed
away from politics restricting herself to campaigning for her
brother and mother Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
Addressing the villagers, Rahul accused Chief Minister
Mayawati of stifling central schemes in the state and said
that Congress can ensure development only after it comes into
power in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble