`Bring Priyanka forward if you want to form govt in UP`
Amethi: Counter Mayawati with Priyanka --
this was apparently the suggestion by a Congress activist to
Rahul Gandhi after he declared that the party was aiming at
forming a government in Uttar Pradesh.
"Agar aap UP mein sarkar banana chahate hai to
Priyanka ko age kyon nahi late (if you want to form the
government in UP, why don`t you bring Priyanka Gandhi
forward)," Congress activist Sonu Singh stood up and asked as
Rahul concluded his speech during a function at Raiphulwari.
The AICC general secretary evaded the question and
said he would discuss it later with him.
Rahul`s sister Priyanka, a mother of two, has stayed
away from politics restricting herself to campaigning for her
brother and mother Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
Addressing the villagers, Rahul accused Chief Minister
Mayawati of stifling central schemes in the state and said
that Congress can ensure development only after it comes into
power in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought