`Bring Priyanka forward if you want to form govt in UP`
Amethi: Counter Mayawati with Priyanka --
this was apparently the suggestion by a Congress activist to
Rahul Gandhi after he declared that the party was aiming at
forming a government in Uttar Pradesh.
"Agar aap UP mein sarkar banana chahate hai to
Priyanka ko age kyon nahi late (if you want to form the
government in UP, why don`t you bring Priyanka Gandhi
forward)," Congress activist Sonu Singh stood up and asked as
Rahul concluded his speech during a function at Raiphulwari.
The AICC general secretary evaded the question and
said he would discuss it later with him.
Rahul`s sister Priyanka, a mother of two, has stayed
away from politics restricting herself to campaigning for her
brother and mother Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
Addressing the villagers, Rahul accused Chief Minister
Mayawati of stifling central schemes in the state and said
that Congress can ensure development only after it comes into
power in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat