`Bring Priyanka forward if you want to form govt in UP`
Amethi: Counter Mayawati with Priyanka --
this was apparently the suggestion by a Congress activist to
Rahul Gandhi after he declared that the party was aiming at
forming a government in Uttar Pradesh.
"Agar aap UP mein sarkar banana chahate hai to
Priyanka ko age kyon nahi late (if you want to form the
government in UP, why don`t you bring Priyanka Gandhi
forward)," Congress activist Sonu Singh stood up and asked as
Rahul concluded his speech during a function at Raiphulwari.
The AICC general secretary evaded the question and
said he would discuss it later with him.
Rahul`s sister Priyanka, a mother of two, has stayed
away from politics restricting herself to campaigning for her
brother and mother Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
Addressing the villagers, Rahul accused Chief Minister
Mayawati of stifling central schemes in the state and said
that Congress can ensure development only after it comes into
power in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why