Brother of ex-BJP MP held in connection with murder case
Etah (UP): Brother of former BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj was on Saturday arrested for his alleged involvement in the murder of a female member of Juvenile Welfare Board, police said.
Vijay Swaroop was arrested from Agra road this afternoon in connection with the murder of Sujata Verma, a former college principal, on April 15, they said.
The incident took place near the ashram of Sakshi Maharaj on the Shikohabad road when Verma was shot from behind by the two brothers of the former MP- Vijaya and Ram Swaroop, her associate Anil Yadav, who was present at the spot, told police
Later, an FIR against four persons, including Sakshi Maharaj and her brothers was lodged by Yadav.
Verma, who was earlier working as principal in a college reportedly run by Sakshi Maharaj, had a fallout with her some years ago and since then their relation were strained, police claimed.
Sakshi Maharaj, three time Lok Sabha MP from Farrukhabad had faced rape charges from two women in 2000 and had to spend a month in Tihar and Etah jails.
He was cleared of the charges in 2001 for lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL