Brother, uncle get 10 yrs jail term for raping girl in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced the brother and uncle of a girl to 10 years imprisonment for raping her several times.
Additional District Sessions Judge Harish Tripathi also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 each on the victim`s brother Sunny and their uncle Bhopal Singh, a retired Army jawan, after holding the duo guilty under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code yesterday.
A resident of Budhana town here, Singh had adopted the daughter of his brother-in-law, then a minor, as he did not have any child. But after the girl became an adult, Singh and Sunny raped her over several days, according to the prosecution.
The girl ran away to Delhi where she was adopted by an NGO and on March 22, 2005 filed a case with the Budhana police station against Sunny, Bhopal Singh and Singh`s wife Rajesh.
Rajesh was acquitted due to lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug