Brother, uncle get 10 yrs jail term for raping girl
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced the brother and uncle of a girl to 10 years imprisonment for raping her several times.
Additional District Sessions Judge Harish Tripathi also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 each on the victim`s brother Sunny and their uncle Bhopal Singh, a retired Army jawan, after holding the duo guilty under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code yesterday.
A resident of Budhana town here, Singh had adopted the daughter of his brother-in-law, then a minor, as he did not have any child. But after the girl became an adult, Singh and Sunny raped her over several days, according to the prosecution.
The girl ran away to Delhi where she was adopted by an NGO and on March 22, 2005 filed a case with the Budhana police station against Sunny, Bhopal Singh and Singh`s wife Rajesh.
Rajesh was acquitted due to lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement