Brother, uncle get 10 yrs jail term for raping girl
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced the brother and uncle of a girl to 10 years imprisonment for raping her several times.
Additional District Sessions Judge Harish Tripathi also imposed a fine of Rs 25,000 each on the victim`s brother Sunny and their uncle Bhopal Singh, a retired Army jawan, after holding the duo guilty under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code yesterday.
A resident of Budhana town here, Singh had adopted the daughter of his brother-in-law, then a minor, as he did not have any child. But after the girl became an adult, Singh and Sunny raped her over several days, according to the prosecution.
The girl ran away to Delhi where she was adopted by an NGO and on March 22, 2005 filed a case with the Budhana police station against Sunny, Bhopal Singh and Singh`s wife Rajesh.
Rajesh was acquitted due to lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened