Brothers arrested for threat call to Azam Khan
Sambhal: Two brothers have been arrested for threatening to kill senior Uttar Pradesh Cabinet minister Mohd Azam Khan in a bomb blast around a year ago, police said here on Wednesday.
The Urban Development Minister had received a call on his mobile phone on May 24 last year, threatening to blow him up in a bomb blast, station house officer B P Waliyan said.
The Crime Branch lodged an FIR against Mohd Abid and Mohd Yameen on July 5 this year, he added.
The brothers were arrested yesterday and produced before a court from where they were sent to jail.
Khan, during the inaugural function of a medical college on May 26 last year, himself admitted that he had received the threat call.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living