BSF Jawan, 4 others booked for clash in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A BSF jawan is among five others against whom police has registered a case for their alleged involvement in a clash in which an elderly man was shot dead in Bharsi village of Shamli district on Wednesday.
A case has been registered under various sections of the IPC against BSF jawan Virender Dhir Singh, and four others identified as Virender, Narender, Himashu and Anuj, Superintendent of Police K P Singh said on Saturday.
1. All the accused are absconding, he added.
On June 12, an elderly man, Virender (60) was shot dead and another got injured after a clash broke out between supporters of two political groups here over some old enmity that started during a Panchayat election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them