BSP attacks UP govt on law and order
Ghaziabad: Opposition BSP on Monday attacked the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh on the law and order front, saying crime rate witnesses an increase whenever SP comes to power.
"Crime rate in state increases whenever Samajwadi Party comes to power," said Satish Chand Mishra, Rajya Sabha MP and BSP national general secretary.
Mishra was addressing `Brahmin Sabha`, organised by BSP at Ramlila Ground here. The party is campaigning to woo Brahmin voters in the state ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
He claimed that it was the Mayawati government which "completely maintained law and order situation across Uttar Pradesh".
Addressing Brahmins, Mishra said Brahmin Samaj was divided in the state and they must unite to get their rights.
Mishra said, "Samajwadi Party does not think about the welfare of Brahmins and Dalits. It is only BSP which goes with both communities."
Chandra also lashed out at BJP for "fooling" Brahmins in state.
"BJP is making Brahmins fool on the name of Hindutva. It is doing vote-bank politics," said Mishra.
"From here, BSP seeks support of Brahmin Samaj for the Lok Sabha election which is due next year," said Mishra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!