BSP councillor shot at in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A municipal corporation member of BSP was shot at by two motorcycle-borne assailants near Guhana village of the district, police said on Saturday.
Ashok Chaudhry, a councillor from Ghaziabad, was attacked last night on the Modinagar-Hapur road while he was going in a car to his brother`s house in Modinagar with a relative, they said.
He was shot at by two assailants who were waiting for him on the road, the police said, adding that Chaudhry was rushed to local hospital in Modinagar in serious condition.
"Some property dispute is said to be the cause of the assault on the BSP leader," Superintendent of Police (rural) AK Mishra said.
The matter is under investigation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan