BSP councillor shot at in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A municipal corporation member of BSP was shot at by two motorcycle-borne assailants near Guhana village of the district, police said on Saturday.
Ashok Chaudhry, a councillor from Ghaziabad, was attacked last night on the Modinagar-Hapur road while he was going in a car to his brother`s house in Modinagar with a relative, they said.
He was shot at by two assailants who were waiting for him on the road, the police said, adding that Chaudhry was rushed to local hospital in Modinagar in serious condition.
"Some property dispute is said to be the cause of the assault on the BSP leader," Superintendent of Police (rural) AK Mishra said.
The matter is under investigation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda