BSP declares list of candidates for legislative council polls
Lucknow: After its resounding victory in the just-concluded Assembly by-elections in Uttar Pradesh, the ruling BSP has fielded candidates for the biennial elections to all the 36 legislative council seats that will go
to polls in January.
The list of candidates released by the party includes cabinet minister Ramvir Upadhyay`s brother Mukul Upadhyay, who has been given ticket for Aligarh and Hathras constituencies, party sources said today.
Manoj Kumar Singh alias Guddu will be the party candidate for Faizabad and Ambedkarnagar seat, while Swadesh Kumar alias Viru Suman will be the candidate for Agra and Firozabad.
Other candidates are C N Singh (Pratapgarh), Hargovind Singh (Barabanki), Kailash Nath Singh Yadav (Azamgarh and Mau), Ganesh Shankar Pandey (Gorakhpur and Maharajganj), Jayesh Prasad (Pilibhit and Shahjahanpur), Jitendra Singh Yadav (Badaun) and Rakesh Singh (Sitapur).
From Gonda and Balrampur constituency Savita Singh will contest, Madhuri Verma (Bahraich and Shravasti), Abdul Rafiq (Hardoi), Arvind Kumar Tripathi (Lucknow and Unnao), Sanjiv Kumar Dwivedi alias Ramu (Deoria), Prabhavati Pal (Jaunpur), Ashok Kumar Singh (Sultanpur), Om Prakash Rajput (Jhansi and Jalaun and Lalitpur), Mahesh Jaiswal (Basti and Siddharth Nagar).
Rakesh Pratap Singh (Raebareli), Shyan Narain Singh alias Vinit Singh (Mirzapur and Sonbhadra), Prashant Chaudhary (Meerut and Ghaziabad), Anil Awana (Bulandshahr and G B Nagar) Kaehar Singh Gangwar (Rampur and Bareilly), Mohammad Iqbal (Muzaffarnagar and Saharanpur).
Manoj Kumar Faujdar and Chandra Pratap Singh Yadav (Mathura and Etah and Mainpuri), Jairuddin Siddiqui (Banda and Hamirpur), R S Khushwaha (Kheri), Satish Pal (Etawah and Farukhabad), Ashok Katiyar (Kanpur and Fatehpur), Parmeshwar Lal Saini (Moradabad and Bijnore) and Surajbhan Karwaria (Allahabad and Kaushambi).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living