BSP demands resignation of Raja Bhaiyya
Lucknow: The Bahujan Samaj Party today demanded dismissal of controversial minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya alleging that he was involved siphoning off food grains meant for distribution among the poor.
Accusing Raja Bhaiya of being involved in the foodgrains scam worth Rs 50,000 crore during the previous SP government, BSP state unit president Swami Prasad Maurya said that he should be sacked.
"Any delay in taking action against the minister would mean that the Samajwadi Party does not believe in doing what it speaks and would show insincerity of Akhilesh government on the issue of fighting corruption", Maurya said adding that it would also mean that the entire foodgrain scam that took place in the previous Mulayam Singh regime was actually being patronized by the Samajwadi Party.
The BSP leader alleged that in the previous Mulayam Singh regime, Raja Bhaiyya was minister for food and civil supplies when the scam took place and this time too he has been given the charge of the same department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened