BSP demands resignation of Raja Bhaiyya
Lucknow: The Bahujan Samaj Party today demanded dismissal of controversial minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya alleging that he was involved siphoning off food grains meant for distribution among the poor.
Accusing Raja Bhaiya of being involved in the foodgrains scam worth Rs 50,000 crore during the previous SP government, BSP state unit president Swami Prasad Maurya said that he should be sacked.
"Any delay in taking action against the minister would mean that the Samajwadi Party does not believe in doing what it speaks and would show insincerity of Akhilesh government on the issue of fighting corruption", Maurya said adding that it would also mean that the entire foodgrain scam that took place in the previous Mulayam Singh regime was actually being patronized by the Samajwadi Party.
The BSP leader alleged that in the previous Mulayam Singh regime, Raja Bhaiyya was minister for food and civil supplies when the scam took place and this time too he has been given the charge of the same department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?