BSP demands resignation of Raja Bhaiyya
Lucknow: The Bahujan Samaj Party today demanded dismissal of controversial minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya alleging that he was involved siphoning off food grains meant for distribution among the poor.
Accusing Raja Bhaiya of being involved in the foodgrains scam worth Rs 50,000 crore during the previous SP government, BSP state unit president Swami Prasad Maurya said that he should be sacked.
"Any delay in taking action against the minister would mean that the Samajwadi Party does not believe in doing what it speaks and would show insincerity of Akhilesh government on the issue of fighting corruption", Maurya said adding that it would also mean that the entire foodgrain scam that took place in the previous Mulayam Singh regime was actually being patronized by the Samajwadi Party.
The BSP leader alleged that in the previous Mulayam Singh regime, Raja Bhaiyya was minister for food and civil supplies when the scam took place and this time too he has been given the charge of the same department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta