BSP demands resignation of Raja Bhaiyya
Lucknow: The Bahujan Samaj Party today demanded dismissal of controversial minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya alleging that he was involved siphoning off food grains meant for distribution among the poor.
Accusing Raja Bhaiya of being involved in the foodgrains scam worth Rs 50,000 crore during the previous SP government, BSP state unit president Swami Prasad Maurya said that he should be sacked.
"Any delay in taking action against the minister would mean that the Samajwadi Party does not believe in doing what it speaks and would show insincerity of Akhilesh government on the issue of fighting corruption", Maurya said adding that it would also mean that the entire foodgrain scam that took place in the previous Mulayam Singh regime was actually being patronized by the Samajwadi Party.
The BSP leader alleged that in the previous Mulayam Singh regime, Raja Bhaiyya was minister for food and civil supplies when the scam took place and this time too he has been given the charge of the same department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- If Priyanka Gandhi takes charge of Congress then BJP will face tough challenge: Ramdev
- 'Jai Hind' – this is how Air India will wish passengers now!
- Government vows to crack down on super-rich tax evaders
- Watch: Dwayne DJ Bravo gives rib-tickling sneak-peek into upcoming episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Sting row: Harish Rawat asked to appear before CBI on May 24