BSP demands resignation of Raja Bhaiyya
Lucknow: The Bahujan Samaj Party today demanded dismissal of controversial minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya alleging that he was involved siphoning off food grains meant for distribution among the poor.
Accusing Raja Bhaiya of being involved in the foodgrains scam worth Rs 50,000 crore during the previous SP government, BSP state unit president Swami Prasad Maurya said that he should be sacked.
"Any delay in taking action against the minister would mean that the Samajwadi Party does not believe in doing what it speaks and would show insincerity of Akhilesh government on the issue of fighting corruption", Maurya said adding that it would also mean that the entire foodgrain scam that took place in the previous Mulayam Singh regime was actually being patronized by the Samajwadi Party.
The BSP leader alleged that in the previous Mulayam Singh regime, Raja Bhaiyya was minister for food and civil supplies when the scam took place and this time too he has been given the charge of the same department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi