BSP demands stern action for vandalisation of Ambe
Lucknow: Expressing concern over the vandalisation of statues of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar in Azamgarh and Ambedkar Nagar districts, BSP on Sunday demanded stern action against those responsible for such incidents.
"Such incidents after the assurance of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav of adequate security for statues are painful and unfortunate," Leader of BSP Legislative Party Swami Prasad Maurya told reporters here.
He said that on July 26 the statue of party supremo Mayawati was vandalised in Gomti Nagar area after which a BSP delegation met the CM and submitted a memorandum.
"The CM said that the incident was painful and a matter of concern. He immediately directed the DGP and principal secretary home to deploy armed forces for security of statues and assured that Stern action will be taken against anti-social elements," he said.
Maurya said that CM Akhilesh Yadav assured that such incidents would not be allowed to occur again.
"On July 27 night statues of Dr Ambedkar were vandalised at three places in Azamgarh and at one place in Ambedkar Nagar," he alleged.
"It indicates that the morale of anti-social elements are very high and they are out of control," he added.
He said that though the statues were promptly replaced by the local administration, but it was a matter of serious concern.
He said that such incidents were challenge for the CM and he should take a serious cognisance.
BSP`s national secretary Naseemuddin Siddiqui said that he along with some MPs and MLAs visited parks in Noida and found that there was no security arrangement.
He alleged that parks were in bad shape due to lack of maintenance.
"The staff present said that there was no fund available for maintenance work," he alleged.
"It indicates that the officials consider CM to be helpless," Maurya alleged.
He demanded that stern action should be taken against such elements and they be booked under National Security Act and SC/ST Act.
"We have already demanded a judicial or any other high level inquiry into such incidents so that those behind are exposed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel