`BSP expels MP Vijay Bahadur for praising Narendra Modi`
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party leader Vijay Bahadur Singh, who had defended Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s controversial `puppy` remark, has been suspended from the party.
A statement from the party said despite repeated warnings, Singh continued to make statements which were not in sync with party lines, therefore, he was being expelled.
A senior party leader said Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has been informed about the party`s decision to expel Singh.
Singh, who is a first time MP from BSP, has been denied ticket for the next Lok Sabha Elections.
BSP chief Mayawati had also rapped the party MP from Hamirpur for saying "Modi’s statement is 100 percent right. It is in the favour of the nation."
While terming his remarks as personal, she had recently said that the party has taken seriously Singh`s "disease" of making public statements.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has come under sharp criticism from many political parties for saying in an interview that he had done "absolutely the right thing" during the 2002 Gujarat riots and described himself as a "Hindu nationalist".
He had also said that even if a "puppy comes under the wheel of a car, one feels sad" when asked whether he regretted the 2002 riots.
Bahadur had defended Modi’s statement, saying: “He just said in simple words that how even a dog being harmed would affect and hurt him. Some people are equating the dog with a minority community, how is that being proven by Modi’s interview? ”
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?