BSP expels three senior leaders for anti-party activities
Lucknow: Cracking the whip for losing
Lucknow (West) assembly seat in the recent by-elections,
Bahujan Samaj Party on Wednesday expelled three senior party leaders.
Those expelled include former Rajya Sabha MP Banwari Lal
Kanchal, Arun Shankar Shukla and Sandip Bansal on charges of
A release issued by the state unit president of BSP,
Swami Prasad Maurya here said that all the three have been
expelled for failing to ensure the victory of the BSP nominee
in the recent by-election on the Lucknow (West) seat.
Recalling the criminal history of Arun Shankar Shukla
alias Anna, Maurya said that he was given party ticket from
Unnao parliamentary seat earlier this year on the promise
that he would mend his ways, but that did not happen.
Kanchal and Sandip Bansal, who are also leaders of Udyog
Vypar Mandal instead of working for the party nominee kept at
loggerheads and indulged in anti-party activities, Maurya
The ruling party had won all the assembly seats in
the recent by elections except for Lucknow west and Kolasala
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!