BSP govt left UP`s health sector `in a shambles`: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Previous BSP government did nothing to uplift health services in Uttar Pradesh and left it in a shambles, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday alleged and said prompt and decisive steps taken by his government has started showing results.
"Prompt and decisive steps have started showing results in fulfilling government`s resolve to provide best of treatment to the poor," the chief minister said here.
Yadav dedicated a super speciality ward at Balrampur hospital here to the public.
"No work was done during the five years of BSP rule, following which health services in the state were in a shambles," he said.
The chief minister also praised state`s health and family welfare minister Ahmed Hasan, saying he has removed impediments and taken major decisions which are reflected in the improved health services in the state.
Stressing that health services were continuously being extended to more and more people, Yadav said that more decisions will be taken to facilitate setting up of more hospitals and community health centres in the near future.
"Efforts would be to set up hospitals equipped with sophisticated machines in all the district hospitals so that better services could be provided," Yadav said.
Soon after coming to power, the present government initiated steps for restarting medical colleges which had been closed and some of them have already started working, he said, adding that similarly efforts were on to start paramedical colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row