BSP govt left UP`s health sector `in a shambles`: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Previous BSP government did nothing to uplift health services in Uttar Pradesh and left it in a shambles, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday alleged and said prompt and decisive steps taken by his government has started showing results.
"Prompt and decisive steps have started showing results in fulfilling government`s resolve to provide best of treatment to the poor," the chief minister said here.
Yadav dedicated a super speciality ward at Balrampur hospital here to the public.
"No work was done during the five years of BSP rule, following which health services in the state were in a shambles," he said.
The chief minister also praised state`s health and family welfare minister Ahmed Hasan, saying he has removed impediments and taken major decisions which are reflected in the improved health services in the state.
Stressing that health services were continuously being extended to more and more people, Yadav said that more decisions will be taken to facilitate setting up of more hospitals and community health centres in the near future.
"Efforts would be to set up hospitals equipped with sophisticated machines in all the district hospitals so that better services could be provided," Yadav said.
Soon after coming to power, the present government initiated steps for restarting medical colleges which had been closed and some of them have already started working, he said, adding that similarly efforts were on to start paramedical colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video