BSP govt left UP`s health sector `in a shambles`: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Previous BSP government did nothing to uplift health services in Uttar Pradesh and left it in a shambles, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday alleged and said prompt and decisive steps taken by his government has started showing results.
"Prompt and decisive steps have started showing results in fulfilling government`s resolve to provide best of treatment to the poor," the chief minister said here.
Yadav dedicated a super speciality ward at Balrampur hospital here to the public.
"No work was done during the five years of BSP rule, following which health services in the state were in a shambles," he said.
The chief minister also praised state`s health and family welfare minister Ahmed Hasan, saying he has removed impediments and taken major decisions which are reflected in the improved health services in the state.
Stressing that health services were continuously being extended to more and more people, Yadav said that more decisions will be taken to facilitate setting up of more hospitals and community health centres in the near future.
"Efforts would be to set up hospitals equipped with sophisticated machines in all the district hospitals so that better services could be provided," Yadav said.
Soon after coming to power, the present government initiated steps for restarting medical colleges which had been closed and some of them have already started working, he said, adding that similarly efforts were on to start paramedical colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'