BSP hits back at critics slamming land acquisition policy
Lucknow: The ruling Bahujan Samaj Party on Friday
dubbed as politically motivated the statements given by
opposition parties on the new land acquisition policy
announced by Chief Minister Mayawati.
"Statements given by opposition parties, including
Congress, SP and BJP are politically motivated. They are
staging a gimmick of being the well wishers of farmers," a BSP
spokesman said here.
He said opposition parties, including Congress, are making
a desperate attempt to regain their lost ground in the name of
He asked the Congress to tell what it had done during its
regime for the farmers.
"The Congress is now talking about changing the Land
Acquisition Act, but who had stopped it from doing so when it
was in power earlier," he questioned.
He alleged that the during UPA-I and UPA-II Congress
repeatedly spoke about amending the act, but it has not done
it so far.
The spokesman alleged that during SP regime in the state,
land of farmers was acquired at throw away prices with the
intention of benefiting industrialists.
"The policy announced by the BSP government is the one
which will benefit the farmers most," he said.
He said the BSP would create pressure for framing a
national policy on land acquisition during the Monsoon session
of Parliament and if required it would gherao Parliament.
Opposition parties had yesterday termed the proposed land
acquisition policy as a "big fraud" on farmers hours after it
was announced by the chief minister at a farmers` panchayat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you